Frissítve: 2020. máj 31.
HOW TO REDUCE TWO ANXIETIES AT THE SAME TIME... <3
Some of my clients come to me with both Social Anxiety and another Anxiety as well (generalized, postpartum, agoraphobia, health, safety, OCD, etc.).
These anxieties often feed off of each other... with one anxiety making the other one worse... which makes the other one even worse... moving them down into a negative spiral from hell.
One of the things we can to move up out of this spiral is to HONESTLY OWN the Other Anxiety. <3
For example, if you have GENERALIZED ANXIETY and you are trying to socialize with someone, you can say...
- "I have been such a basket case these past few weeks."
- "I can't get anything done!"
- "I have been worrying about absolutely everything lately."
- "I have so much work to do... and I haven't done a thing all week."
This serves two functions...
1. It decreases our SHAME about having this Other Anxiety, which makes us better able to find solutions for this anxiety and move forward.
2. It decreases our SOCIAL ANXIETY in the moment, because instead of HIDING what's going on inside of us, we are being HONEST about it instead.
We often feel shame about the "Other Anxiety"... when in reality Anxiety can be one of our most endearing traits!
The key is to own being a "Basket Case"! :)
Some of my best moments of connection with my friends were when we told each other our "basket case" stories... and then burst into the kind of laughter that no words can explain.
When we OWN our Other Anxiety... we let people know that it is okay to be human... it is okay to have problems... it is okay to have difficulties in today's fast-paced world.
And this enables us to connect better with others... and reduce ALL of our anxieties all at the same time.
Let me know if you'd like me to help you overcome all of your Anxieties.
You can totally do this!
There IS a way out! <3
A Kanadai Coach :)