THROWING OUT "SELF-CARE"... AND GETTING OUR "HAPPINESS NEEDS" MET
One of my LEAST FAVORITE expressions in the English language is the expression "self-care". 🤣
It is a very naggy term that makes us feel like that in addition to all the things we "should" be doing... we should also be "caring" for ourselves.
Well, I would like to flip this whole expression right on its head...
Not everything in life is a "should"...
What we are really talking about here is "getting our HAPPINESS NEEDS met", "having fun", and "living the life we want to live"! <3
Does this really need to be a nag?!!
Instead, we can ask ourselves happiness-related questions like...
1. PHYSICAL NEEDS - How can I move my body and have FUN in the process?
2. SOCIAL NEEDS - How would I like to socialize in a way that I truly ENJOY?
3. PLEASURE NEEDS - How can I have more PLEASURE in my life?
4. FLOW NEEDS - Can I do something challenging that allows me to "GO INTO THE ZONE" and feel the BLISS of having no emotions at all?
5. MEANING/PURPOSE NEEDS - What would I LOVE to do that is bigger than myself?
6. PEACE/TRANQUILITY NEEDS - How would I love to do "nothing" at all... while feeling on top of the world?
We don't need to be nagged to "care" for ourselves...
We just need to figure out what our Happiness Needs are... and how we would LOVE to get them met. :).
I hope you found this helpful.
Let me know if you'd like to know more about how I can help you overcome your Anxiety and have more Happiness and Connection in your life. <3
A Kanadai Coach :)